Diesel Daisy Design

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rainbows and flowers



The other day Aaron had a ballgame. His team was going to play the Red Sox! He was so excited. I was home and going to take him and Daddy was at a business meeting. Well, as luck would have it, it rained....... and rained, and rained. His game was cancelled but he had his heart set on it so much that he insisted that I still take him to the ball park just to make sure. Well, sure enough, not a soul was around. He was bummed but we still had some time together and I think that was good. When we got home he insisted he could still practice and I told him, not in the rain. It wasn't long and the rain stopped and he got to enjoy one of God's greatest promises. The rainbow. It was beautiful. Not as much fun as playing ball, but a great reminder that rainbows follow the rain.







This and then Mother's Day. I could really ramble about that, but I won't. Just going to give a brief update on the wonders of it all. We had a great day. I was at home with the family. I got roses from them. Beautiful pink roses. They were perfect. They got me some of my favorite things, but the truth is... they are my favorite things. I love being a mom. I always knew I wanted to be a mom and it is the greates joy of my life. I also know that these little lives that have been entrusted to my ca
re are who they are, not because of me, but because they are fearfully and wonderfully made by a loving creator. What a treasure that has been given to me. It is a challenge but worth every bit of pain that comes along. Just days before I received my roses I was in Michaels and the
y had their silk flowers on sale. I have been needing some for this amazing vase Dan bought me for our 15th anniversary. Well, I needed to get more than I did, but it is a start. I am so not good at arranging flowers. I wanted something bright. So, we have sunflowers and a big white daisy. I love it. makes me feel..... Happy!!


It is the little things in life. Ballgames, rain, rainbows and flowers. Whatever God has for me let me receive it with joy.
There is joy in this journey we just have to look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment