Diesel Daisy Design

Friday, March 26, 2010

Weekends full of wonder

So, this is where it all begins, or at least where you can pick up and walk through this journey with us. Blogging, I am not entirely sure I even know the purpose for this but it sounded fun and may possibly be a way for me to think through things. A form of therapy, if you will.
Spring has sprung, despite a refreshing snowfall to remind us of just how fragile life is and how in the blink of an eye God has the ability to change even the ways of nature. With the springing ahead I find myself longing for the darkness that gave just a little more sleep to a weary mom. God has richly blessed me with morning people. My husband Dan and my oldest daughter Jessica have this amazing ability to POP out of bed wide awake and happy as can be that the day is starting. Morning people are incredible. They seem to feel the rest of the world should also wake up bright eyed and cheery. I on the other hand, and my son, Aaron, were not so blessed with this morning cheerfulness. It takes us some time to open our eyes and get reacquainted with life. Many view us as grumpy which we will deny completely. We are not grumpy we are just not fully present. All this said, I feel it may explain my ever increasing need for coffee. I do not know if I could even survive if I did not have this wonder drug. However, even on days like this, coffee is not enough. I have finally reached a point where the only thing that will help a weary, tired, worn out mom, is an extra dose of zzzzzz's. I have been looking forward to this weekend for some time now.
Dan and Aaron are going on a Father/Son retreat with our church. They are both very excited and I am thrilled that they have this opportunity. Even more thrilled that I will have a testosterone free weekend :) I would say it is going to be a relaxing girls weekend but Jessica is having her annual birthday/slumber party. The only thing is, she only has one friend that was able to come. What to do... what to do. I am not going to worry about it. I will let them decide how they want to spend the time to celebrate this beautful child. That then leaves me and my little princess. Thank goodness she goes to bed early. I am certain she has much to do with my lack of energy as I feel it draining from me and must be transferring into her as she is full of energy and on the go. I love this child. She makes me laugh and smile when nothing else can.

Ok so, this blogging, may be a bad thing. I could go on forever about nothing. Seriously.. forever. I will spare you the rest of the saga for tomorrow :) I am most excited that my friend is going to help me be more creative with this blog business and I am going to be taking more pictures to post. Hold on, grab some coffee and join me on this wild journey we call life.

1 comment:

  1. Good start, life really is a wild journey, full of blessings, trials, and many rewards. I love your writing style and I hope your weekend goes great.

    ReplyDelete