Diesel Daisy Design

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nothing like a Grandma's love

One of the greatest gifts our children have is the love they receive from their granparents. It is a blessing many take for granted and some never experience. I marvel at the way a small child can bring out the child in an adult. I love they way they can delight one another. It is special with a parent and child too but there is something different about a Grandma's touch. When I am able to just sit back and watch them interact with one another it gives me a greater appreciation for my own parents, for my children and for the season of life that I am in right now. If only our children knew how treasured they were... if only our parents knew how important they are in the lives of us all.
I wish we lived closer to home so my children could have daily interactions with their grandparents. I guess being so far away makes those times together even more meaningful.
It is a busy week and we are all tired but it is so worth it. Today while the kids were in school Justina kept us all entertained. I love that little angel so much. Thank goodness she was on her best behavior today and when she felt herself getting ugly, she asked to go take a nap. Smart girl. Today Grandma made her famous applesauce that my kids absolutely love. She made banana bread. Then she made dinner. I wonder, can she just move in forever? Tomorrow we will play some more while the older kids are in school. Then we will have birthday fun on April 1st. I cannot believe my baby is going to be 14. I don't feel very rested that is for sure. I guess there will be time for that later. Right now, we are making memories and treasuring time spent with loved ones. Time is so short when you realize how much you want to do with the people you love. Live each day to its fullest and make sure your loved ones know they mean so much to you.

Pictures to come.. I promise :)

2 comments:

  1. My younger children only have ever known one grandparent, my mom. And although she is getting old and worn out they still love to go see gramma, maybe it is the food she always supplies, to see them around gramma, you might think I never feed them. They are always eating at gramma, or that sponge bob always seems to be on when they are there but whatever it is they adore each other. Now, gramma and a 14 year old girl don't have much in common right now. They love one another but they just don't click right now. In a few years I think it will be different but for now she just seems to put up with her gramma. Maybe it is because she still want all the attention, just like she does with her mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth! That sounds so familiar... I have a 14 year old that puts up with her Grandma too.. and not with much enthusiasm I must admit. I hope you are right about changes to come.

    ReplyDelete