Diesel Daisy Design

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring






Well, it has been a very busy Spring already! We bounced forward and have been hopping ever since.



My oldest just turned 14 on the April 1st... no joke. She is a teen in all her glory and even with all the changes she is going through I love her more with each new day. She has brought me the greatest challenges as a mom and has really been used by God to stretch me in ways I didn't know I could go. Life is never dull with her around and I am so thankful for the laughter and the tears. Right on the heels of celebrating her big day, or shall I say... after two weeks of celebrating her special day, we jumped right into Easter.




What an amazing time.


Dan's Mom and Aunt came for a visit. They spent 10 days with us and we all enjoyed the visit. They took Jessica shopping for her birthday which was an adventure. We all managed to find a compromise in buying clothes and that was a true blessing for sure. Dan was gone for the first few days of the visit, but when we he returned he jumped right into the fun. We enjoyed coloring Easter eggs and I think the adults had just as much fun as the kids, go figure.


In addition we did some sight seeing. We went to the Botanical gardens in Fort Worth and had a full day of sight seeing. It was a beautiful day and the fresh air and walking were great! We also took Linda and Hope on a tour of the South Fork Ranch. This is where the hit tv show "Dallas" was filmed. It was really neat to walk on the famous grounds and to hear the story behind the show. The gift shops were so neat!


After all this bouncing I have hit with a thud! So thankful for the fun but so glad to be getting back into the routine things of life too. Don't worry, this is just a pushing off point as the momentum never dies down much with three busy kids to keep me hopping.


1 comment:

  1. LOL.. forgive me for the picture layout... I am not sure how to do this just yet. I am truely a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete