Diesel Daisy Design

Thursday, April 15, 2010

What's your blog about???

When first thinking of starting a blog a friend asked, "What are you going to blog about?" I wasn't sure, I thought just life and stuff, I guess. Then when setting up the blog I needed a name for it, so many things come to mind for something like this.... oh the decisions... hmm.

Blessings, prayers and promises came to mind. Upon further thought, I really liked it.

So I started to reflect on life and the name of this blog.

Blessings: God has given me so many. In fact, more than I can count or comprehend. I think of the obvious ones, my family, my children. The bible tells me that children are a blessing from the Lord. So I know beyond a doubt they are my greatest blessing. There are other basic blessings, things we all have and often take for granted. Isn't that the way with our blessings usually though? We really realize how blessed we are when we lose something, or someone near us loses something. For instance, I love my husband. I know he is a blessing to me. However, it isn't until I hear of someone losing their husband that I start to wonder how I would survive without him. I know God would provide, because he is faithful, but there would be such a void. Dan is a more than a blessing.
Then I thought of all the little blessings; sunshine, smiles, hugs, rain, flowers... well, the list could go on forever. God shows us in a million little ways just how much he loves us. We just are usually too caught up in being busy that we miss so much.

Prayers: Well, I don't even know where to begin with this one. Prayer is one of the most amazing privelages in my life. To think that a Holy, righteous, perfect God wants to "talk" with me. That he is concerned about that things that concern us, is beyond what I can understand. He knows everything, so why pray? Because God wants to be our friend too. He wants to dwell among us. He wants us to rely on Him, to trust Him, to find our greatest joy in Him. He is crazy about us. His love for us knows no limits and no bounds. In fact, there is not a love like it, because we are human and incapeable of loving the way He does. It is the kind of love we all long for and want and seek, but seldom find and when we find it in Him I am not sure we really understand what we have found. The power of prayer has been proven in my life over and over again. I am so thankful that I have a Savior that loved me enough to grant me access to my creator and Heavenly Father. Prayer ...... so much more can be said but for now, it is the center of my life, the most vital component of my day!
This leads me to promises: In the world we live in promises are made and broken daily. In the life God has given us, we have promises that are never broken. He will fulfill every promise he makes to us.

This blog is sometimes lighthearted and fun; upbeat and optimistic. It is also spiritual and thought provoking. It is a place where the day to day things of life can be shared. Where friends and family can come and see what is happening in the Reeder house. A place where we can laugh and cry and enjoy the life we have been given. There are so many things to discover and learn as we journey through this life. The backdrop of it all is the blessings, prayers and promises that God has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment