Diesel Daisy Design

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sundays

Awwwww.... Sunday! This is a day that is typically one I long for and yet it is the one day all week that I seem to be on the go constantly. I am exhausted by the time I am through with a Sunday. This particular Sunday, I did not have to work at C&B. What a treat! I made up for it yesterday and worked a lot. I was thrilled to not have a ton to do today.

Church was awesome. I enjoyed the Sunday School lesson and the sermon. Apparently, God has something to tell me about jealousy. It was spoon fed to me in several ways. I didn't really feel I had an issue with it but it seems I do. So, there is plenty of work to be done in this evil heart of mine. We then went shopping and miracle of all miracles, the whole family got along. That is also a rare treat on a Sunday. Then it was home to get Aaron and go to the park for baseball practice. Another activity I miss out on quite a bit.
The sun was shining and the wind was blowing but the fresh air was so nice. It was the kind of Spring day that finds young and old out being kids again. Kites were flying, dogs were walking people, and kids were playing. The world seemed right if only for a short time. I am not sure if my lips are sunburned or wind burned but burned it seems. Jessica spent the whole time on the swings and Justina played on the slides and the swings and she also played make believe. I love that part of childhood. I had imaginary friends and played a lot of make believe and pretend. We walked on a walking trail and found a stream of water, of course she is afraid of water so we didn't stay long. As I was looking at the water, I did not expect to see much but rocks and cement beneath it but to my surprise there were minnows. It brought my childhood back to mind. I remember sitting for hours along the creek bed trying to catch these tiny little fish in the palms of my hands. Don't know what I thought I was going to do with them or what I did with them but I do remember catching them. I also remember trying to catch butterflies, flying kites, riding my bike, etc. Childhood was a fun time. So glad I get see it through the eyes of my own kids. It is quite a bit different now though.

Now we are home. Dan fixed the garage door and now he is cooking dinner. He is even making provisions for this most ridiculous diet that I started. I am so blessed. He loves his family, he works hard, plays hard and gives his all. What more could I ask for? Thank you Lord Jesus for loving me providing all my needs, even ones I take for granted or don't realize I even need.

No comments:

Post a Comment