Diesel Daisy Design

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Well, not only has Spring come, but Summer is quickly approaching. We are already counting the days til school gets out. Some of us more closely than others. We are also counting the days until we get to go on vacation. I can see the mountains in the distance. Until then, we are in "get ready" mode. It seems there is always so much to do. I am looking forward to just having some time with the kids where they can just be kids and not have to worry about "getting ready" for something.
We cross two milestones this year. Jessica will be graduating from 8th grade and transitioning into high school. Aaron will be graduating from 5th grade and moving into middle school. So hard to believe! They have come so far and it seems like such a short time. I am so thankful that I still have one little one. I am able to enjoy her at this age because I know it will be gone soon. I was so intent on moving the older two along and getting them ready for school that I may have missed some of the joy of the preschool age. Justina just gets to take her time in life and move through at her own pace. I love that. It seemed like such a challenge and sometimes still feels that way but I am so happy to have them in different stages. It makes life crazy and interesting but gives them each time to themselves too. One thing is for sure. There is no shortage of prayer time in our family. I am at a complete loss. My job is to train them up in the way they should go, the problem is, I am not so sure as I go along my way that I am doing such a great job of that. Thank goodness we only see today. As we train them, God is training us. That is my saving grace. I know that as I am called to release my babies and let them grow, God is always holding us in his hands, ready to catch us.

Ok.. well, thanks for the walk down memory lane and the moment of reflection on my part. I am so serious, I can and will ramble about anything and everything and in the end, say very little. That's ok. I have the freedom to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment