Diesel Daisy Design

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 2 on a journey of Excellence in Every way!

Day 2 ~ and the journey continues.


Today, as with most days, I was pulled from a peaceful slumber into a frenzy of chaos. Is it any wonder mornings are not my most favorite time of day? Today, yet another day to rejoice, as my youngest was ready to get dressed and needed help, and the good news is that she woke up dry. Yes, potty training for the most part has been completed and with success. So thrilled to be done with diapers. Every day is a day to rejoice with her success.

Jessica was up and ready to leave for school.

Aaron was the next to be gotten up and ready for school. He is much like his mother in that he would like to wake on his own and that seldom happens. He, however, has a much better attitude about facing the morning with a smile. He got up and got himself ready for school. Today was the big day. He would find out if he made a part in the school play. He is so excited about it and really felt his audition went well. He told me he would call at lunch time and let me know if he got a part. Much to his disappointment, he did not make it. He seems to be handling it quite well. His greater disappointment turned out to be that he took a test yesterday and was hopeing for an A + but instead got an A -. I love his hard work and determination. He sets high goals for himself and strives very hard to achieve them. He is a blessing to be around. He encourages me every day to better, always to be better.

Today, I prayed that God would give me wisdom and insight on this journey. That he would show me the excellence in my children. He would reveal things to me that I take for granted and shut my eyes to, instead of embrace and rejoice. As, He is always faithful to do, when I take the time to listen, he revealed his answer to me.


Proverbs 2: 1-11


My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. Then you will understand what is right and just and fair -every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Discretion will protect you and understanding will guard you.


Isn't He amazing? As I cry out for answers, understanding, open eyes, wisdom, knowledge, etc. He gives the perfect answer. He has blessed me with three amazing kids. All of which are unique and different and special in their own ways. He has gifted them and given them temperaments that are all their own. It is a most wonderful opportunity to watch as they become the individuals that God has designed them to be. I am blessed beyond words to be a part of their lives. I know that just as he has created them, he created them to be born of me. So, he will give me all the wisdom and understanding and knowledge necessary to know how to best parent them and love them and guide them. I will undoubtedly fail in many ways, but God will not.

One of the greatest lessons I ever learned as a mom was with my first born. She is a miracle baby, in the truest sense of the word. I, will never forget the day I knelt beside a hospital bed, crying out to God to save this precious child and heard him gently tell me to release her into his hands. I knew then, the meaning of "God gives and takes away" on such a deep level. I had nothing left to do but trust. I vividly recall "giving" her back to Him. It was in that moment I believe he healed her. He gave her back, he didn't have to and he doesn't always. In this situation, he did. It was then, I understood completely that life is precious. None of us are guaranteed a tomorrow and that all of my children belong exclusively to him. He has just entrusted them to me for as long as it is His will. So I pray, let me be found faithful.


It is only day 2 but I have come to realize that this journey is so much more about my relationship with God than about finding excellence in my children. They are perfect, I know that full well, because they are made and created by Him. The struggle for me is in opening my eyes to all that is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment