Diesel Daisy Design

Monday, April 11, 2011

A new friend in the Lord

It's Monday.... I drop Aaron off at school and plan to go to the grocery store for some shopping before my little Aubree shows up. I am thinking...healthy, healthy, healthy. So I am going about my business checking items off my list as I merrily go along, pushing Justina in the car shopping cart, (I detest those things by the way) and a stranger stops me and says, "Can I ask you a question?" Being me, I say... "Sure". I am thinking to myself... if you knew just how little I know about anything you would not bother asking me for any advise. She asks her question which happend to be about Espresso brownies,... mmmmmm I don't know a thing about them except that they sound wonderful!!! So much for healthy.... now all I can think about is chocolate and coffee! The conversation continues, this would drive my dear husband insane, 20 minutes later we have exchaged phone numbers and discovered that we both attend the same church. It is so amazing to me the ways that God works. She was having an off day and God allowed me to be in just the right place at the right time. I did nothing but show up and God did all the work. She is a hair stylist, works out of her home. I may have to start seeing her from now on :) It was an encouragement to me as well. Neither of us set out to share our faith but in just a small conversation it became evident to her that I was a believer, she asked me what church I attended and when I told her she said that she had just started going to that same church about 4 months ago. So I was able to answer some church related questions as well. That is lifestyle witnessing in motion. I am so thrilled to know that on a hectic, crazy, Monday morning, God is at work in the everyday stuff of life. You just never know when there is another person needing a shot of encouragement, a friendly smile, an unannounced blessing. I hope I can always live in such a way that others will see Jesus in me and be encouraged and blessed. All the glory is His, I am just honored to know he was meeting a need for both of us on this rather discouraging Monday. Well... I am home now. Laundry, kids and cleaning.... the mundane life of a mom. It is not exciting on most days but very rewarding. I must say it is also exhausting. I look at the calendar just to keep track of the days and when I realize that April is almost over I have to wonder how one day seems to run into a week and a week into a month. It just goes all too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment