Diesel Daisy Design

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding







A Royal Wedding!~~






What's the Big Deal? I know that is what many people think. I also know many who have set their clocks, made plans ahead of time and have anxiously anticipated the viewing of the Royal Wedding. Not that you asked, but here are my ideas on the matter.



We, as humans, are intrigued and facinated even by royalty. We keep up with the celebrity gossip of the movie stars, music bands and singers, authors, etc. It only makes sense that when there is something Royal to partake of, we want in on the action. We at least want to watch from afar. It is spectacular, grand, majestic. It is unlike anything most of us ever get the chance to be a part of or see.




The Royal Wedding ~ Well, it is has special meaning to many. We grew to love Princess Diana, as a nation we mourned her death. The fondness we felt for her has carried over to her children. It is something that many have strong feelings about. There is something about a person who has a high position in society, who is beautiful, who lives a life so different from our own and yet seems so approachable. There is a history that we find interesting. We like to see how traditions are carried on from one generation to the next. We love to see how times have changed, and what has remained the same.



That is a general public facination. There is something more though, mostly I think for females. I don't mean to disinclude any of the men who share this mindset but as a woman I can only speak on my behalf. As little girls we love to play dress up, to imagine being a princess, to dream of our wedding day. It starts early. Boys are more likely to play games of action, cowboys and indians, war, battle, bombings, etc.

So, as a girl.... It's a wedding!!!! That means Love! We are so drawn to that. This is a Royal Wedding. So that means, beautiful gowns. We can't wait to see how the bride looks. What kind of dress is she going to wear? Will her hair be up or down? Will there be a veil, etc. etc. Then we like to see how the others are dressed. In the royal realm, the woman wear beautiful, extravagant hats. It is all very proper and charming. It is like dress up all over again. It is like a delicacy for our hearts. We love it. We soak it up. We rejoice. We cry. We delight in all of it.


What is even more apparent to my heart, is that there is going to be a Royal Wedding to come, that none has seen before. It will be more grand and extravagant and beautiful than anything my heart or mind can imagine. It is going to involve me. I will get to be in THAT wedding. My groom is coming for me and for you, if you belong to him. He still is courting you. He wants you there. He waits anxiously for that day just like you and I should. Are you ready? Have you planned what you will look like on that day? Is your clock set?? Make yourself ready for the day is approaching. He will come and wisk us away and we will be with Him in mansions he has prepared in advance for us. That is the Royal Wedding that none will want to miss out on. Our Groom is the Prince. His Father the King of All Kings! There is none greater. And He has chosen me. My mind cannot even begin to fathom that. Yet, my heart continues to dream and hold fast and wait and prepare and plan for that wonderful day! There is a love that runs deeper and more true than any earthly love we have ever known. If you do not know this King I speak of, you must meet Him. He loves you. He knows all about you. Don't delay. For this is a wedding you will not want to be a specatator of, you will want to be the bride, and you can be.














So there is a short take on it. We love fairytales. We love to see them lived out and we continue to dream. Reality is never quite what we expect but it does prepare us. Not many of us live a royal life. We live in the day to day struggle called life. It is not usually pretty and glamorous. It is filled with work, and kids, and cleaning and dirt, and mess. Take courage, there is hope. There is a future that

is going to be amazing. I can't wait and I can't wait to see who will be there with me to celebrate and rejoice.


Oh... and a little side note that has nothing to do with weddings and royalty... this is a picture taken today. Two days after the root canal was completed. The swelling has mostly gone down. I was told it could take up to a month for it to completely go down and return to normal but that it would! I am in no pain. Thank you all who were concerned and praying for me. Much appreciated :)




































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment