Diesel Daisy Design

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Root canal ~2011

Yesterday I was blessed to go to the dentist for a routine root canal. Is there such a thing? It seemed like an easy thing and they were going to fill two other teeth and do a cleaning as well. Big plans. Talk about biting off more than I could chew... total pun intended.
Needless to say, it did not go so well. After drilling and poking and scraping whatever else they did, the kind dentist says, " I don't think I will be able to complete the canal today as there is an infection that needs to be cleared away first. I will have to put you on an antibiotic and you can come in again next week and we will finish it up then." At this point I had been through so much they opted to do the other things next week as well. I knew my face was sore and swollen and that was to be expected. I didn't realize it would continue to grow as the day went on. She gave me an antibiotic and told me to take it three times a day and that I should take 600 mg of ibuprofen at the same time, 3 x's a day. Then she gave me vicodine for the pain. I knew at this point I was going to be in a great deal of pain.

Last night was pretty miserable. My face turned purple.... my favorite color :) It looks like I have an never ending gobstopper in my mouth. Good thing chubby looks good on me :) I took 3 vicodine yesterday and it never once made me sleepy, in fact, I got very little sleep last night. I do feel better today though, not feeling as much pain. I have to say, I am not looking forward to next week at all. My family has been wonderful though. Aside from a few jokes along the way they have tried to let me rest and have been helpful. It is nice to have that.

Take two will be posted next week :) Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment